On September 8th, Blue Mountains residents can either confirm the status quo, or take a stand against self-serving Liberal / Labor-Greens agendas. If you vote major party, you accept more of the same for 4 years.
Australia First Party pledges to defend Blue Mountains locals’ rights against self-serving major political parties.
A People’s Programme For Action
Australia First Party pledges to:
1. Stop the major parties’ self-indulging in corporate deals like the Blackheath airstrip sell off. Stop rates being squandered to Taj Mahal shopping centres, disguised as ‘cultural centres’ in Katoomba and Springwood.
2. Liberal, Labor and Greens snub our poor. Council must start accommodating Blue Mountains’ homeless and local families on the brink. Council’s wasteful spending on consultants must stop. Vital rate revenue deserves to go to crisis accommodation for locals in need with dedicated care.
3. Sack the Liberal-Labor/Green Council management for extravagance. Renew management dead wood. Current Council gambled and has written down $5 million with Lehman Brothers. Council rate hikes expect ratepayers to fund its poor governance.
4. Enact legislation to enshrine ratepayer votes in all decisions that impact on Blue Mountains community values, assets, and land.
5. Install a local residents’ right to call for referenda on important Council decisions.