In 2004 in Washington D.C, former Colorado Governor, Richard D. Lamm, gave a speech at an immigration-overpopulation conference, entitled “I have a plan to destroy America”. The following is an adaptation of that speech for Australia’s condition with just the following words replaced: ‘America’ replaced by ‘Australia’, ‘United States’ is replaced by ‘Australia’, ‘bilingual’ replaced by ‘multilingual’, ‘bicultural’ replaced by ‘multicultural’, ‘Hispanic’ is replaced by ‘ethnic’, ‘Quebec’ is replaced by ‘Asia’. Some other relevant modifications are made.
2MFM broadcasts sectarian fringe views (click to read The Spy Report)
I have a secret plan to destroy Australia.
If you believe, as many do, that Australia is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, let’s destroy Australia. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they all fall, and that “an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.”
Here is my plan:
1. We must first make Australia a multilingual-multicultural country. History shows, in my opinion, that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of multiple competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be multilingual; it is a curse for a society to be multilingual. One scholar, Seymour Martin Lipset, put it this way: “The histories of multilingual and multicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with its Basques, Bretons and Corsicans.”
2. I would then invent “multiculturalism” and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are important. I would declare it an article of faith that the ethnic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.
3. We can make the Australia an ethnic Asia without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently, “The apparent success of our own multi-ethnic and multi-cultural experiment might have been achieved, not by tolerance, but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically, and what it meant to be an Australian, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.”
I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language, culture and religions. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor. It is important to insure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in Australia reinforcing their differences, rather than Australians emphasizing their similarities.
4. Having done all this, I would make our fastest-growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50 per cent dropout rate from school.
5. I would then get the big foundations and big business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of victimology. I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was all the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.
6. I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would “celebrate diversity.” “Diversity” is a wonderfully seductive word. It stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other–that is, when they are not killing each other. A “diverse,” peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together, and we can take advantage of this myopia.
Look at the ancient Greeks. Dorf’s “World History” tells us: “The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic Games in honor of Zeus, and all Greeks venerated the shrine of Apollo at Delphi. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet, all of these bonds together were not strong enough to overcome two factors … (local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions …)”. We can balkanize Australia as surely as Kosovo.
7. Then I would place all these subjects off-limits–make it taboo to talk about. I would find a word similar to “heretic” in the 16th century that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like “racist”, “xenophobe” halt argument and conversation. Having made Australia a mutilingual-multicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of “victimology” I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra – “because immigration has been good for Australia, it must always be good.” I would make every individual immigrant sympatric* and ignore the cumulative impact.’
8. Lastly, I would censor The Socialist Alliance http://www.socialist-alliance.org/ and Green Left Weekly http://www.greenleft.org.au/ – their websites and publications are dangerous; they expose my plan to destroy Australia. So please, please–if you feel that Australia deserves to be destroyed–please, please – ignore these organisations! They are on to my plan.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” – Noam Chomsky, American linguist and U.S. media and foreign policy critic.
* ‘Sympatric speciation’ is the process through which new species evolve from a single ancestral species while inhabiting the same geographic region.
– – –
Richard Douglas Lamm (born September 12, 1935) is an American politician, Certified Public Accountant, college professor, and lawyer. He served three terms as 38th Governor of Colorado as a Democrat (1975–1987) and ran for the Reform Party’s nomination for President of the United States in 1996. He is currently the Co-Director of the Institute for Public Policy Studies at the University of Denver.
A miscreant is publicly whipped in Aceh province, Indonesia, the punishment under sharia law for unlawful contact between an unmarried man and woman. (‘Goodbye to rights under sharia’, Chris Merritt, Legal affairs editor, The Australian, May 18, 2011) Read More
INDIA INC. SET TO INVADE INDUSTRY
A BIG AUSTRALIA IS A RECIPE FOR WAR!
DEVELOPERS DEMAND RETURN TO HIGH IMMIGRATION