The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has descended into a pure propaganda tool by Leftist CEO Mark Scott.
If it is not attacking the Liberal Party or promoting Labor Party agenda, it is indulging in foreign stories as if competing with its sister public broadcaster SBS. Both the ABC and SBS are Australian taxpayer funded, costing over $1 billion a year combined. But try to get local news content. Try to get objective journalism. To to get relevant content of interest to most Australians.
Walkley Award nominee, ABC’s Sarah Ferguson, on May 13, 2014, ‘breached ABC bias guidelines’ in her scathing grilling of Treasurer Joe Hockey. The hostile disrespectful pit-bull bitch pre-loaded leading smear questions on her subject, such as these ones:
“Now, you’ve just delivered that budget. It’s a budget with a new tax, with levies, with co-payments. Is it liberating for a politician to decide election promises don’t matter?”
“I don’t need to teach you, Treasurer, what a tax is. You know that a co-payment, a levy and a tax are all taxes by any other name.”
Ferguson was thankfully just a fill in for Leigh Sales on maternity leave and says much for the self-indulgence of the industry’s Walkley Awards.
Then consider the daily saturation coverage of the Bali Nine two heroine smugglers, Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran. Both are foreigners who became immigrants, one being yet another asylum seeker turned criminal.
The Australian Government is cracking down on drugs so why not Indonesia?
Last December, Australian Federal Police cracked down on drugs at mine sites at Fortescue Metals Group’s Cloudbreak mine in the Pilbara in north western Australia’s Pilbara region. It followed revelations by a senior company executive that drugs were a problem in the industry and among its workforce.
Australian Government serious about cracking down on illegal drugs in the Pilbara. Western Australia
Why all the ABC interest in convicted foreign criminals?
Marks Scott must have set up an entire Bali Nine journalism department on an entire floor at Ultimo. How much has the ABC spent on this one foreign indulgence?
Here’s just a snap shot of the ABC coverage off the Internet today:
- Feb 22, 2015 – Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran Photo: Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran thanked friends and family for their support. (7.30)
- Myuran Sukumaran awarded associate degree in fine … – ABC
- 3 days ago – Convicted Bali Nine drug smuggler Myuran Sukumaran is awarded his … his fellow mentor, Australian Andrew Chan who is also on death row
- Bali Nine: Tony Abbott says he believes Joko Widodo … – ABC
- 5 days ago – Bali Nine: Tony Abbott says he believes Joko Widodo is ‘considering position’ on executions of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran
- Bali Nine: Andrew Chan’s brother, Michael, appeals to president Joko Widodo on Indonesian television; attorney … ABC Online – 13 hours ago
- Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, the ringleaders of the so-called Bali Nine drug …
- Bali Nine: Myuran Sukumaran awarded associate degree in fine arts – ABC Online – 3 days ago
- Bali Nine: Indonesian president Joko Widodo denies reconsidering Chan, Sukumaran executions – ABC Online – 2 days ago
- Jan 29, 2015 – Coverage of the death sentences against Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran has emphasised how the young men have been working to …
- Bali Nine: triple j defends decision to publish death … – ABC
- Feb 4, 2015 – Related Story: Bali Nine duo in next group to face Indonesian firing squad · Map: Indonesia. ABC’s triple j radio station has launched a spirited
- Bali Nine pair Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran … – ABC
- Feb 5, 2015 – Bali Nine pair Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to be executed … j defends decision to publish death penalty poll in Bali Nine coverage …
- Looming execution of Bali nine pair won’t damage … – ABC
- Feb 10, 2015 – International trade expert says looming execution of Bali nine pair won’t damage agricultural trade relations with … ABC live export coverage.
- Bali Nine pair plead for their lives in letter to … – ABC
- Feb 4, 2015 – Bali Nine pair Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran plead for their … j defends decision to publish death penalty poll in Bali Nine coverage.
- Bali Nine: Lawyers for Andrew Chan and Myuran … – ABC
- Feb 8, 2015 – Lawyer for Australian Bali Nine pair Todung Mulya Lubis … defends decision to publish death penalty poll in Bali Nine coverage · Bali Nine pair …
- Bali Nine pair may have to wait for Nigerian drug … – ABC
- Feb 5, 2015 – Bali Nine pair may have to wait for Nigerian drug smuggler’s clemency … j defends decision to publish death penalty poll in Bali Nine coverage.
- Bali Nine: Australia’s Attorneys-General make … – ABC
- Feb 14, 2015 – Related Story: Tony Abbott repeats clemency request for Bali Nine pair … later this month and other procedures, including media coverage.
- Bali Nine: Sydney archbishop and grand mufti plead … – ABC
- Feb 7, 2015 – Video: Religious leaders urge mercy for Bali Nine pair (ABC News) … j defends decision to publish death penalty poll in Bali Nine coverage …
- Australian pastor says Bali Nine death row pair still … – ABC
- Bali Nine: Australian diplomats to meet authorities … – ABC
- Feb 15, 2015 – Photo: Edith Visnanathan, the grandmother of Bali Nine death row … and other details including arrangements for foreign media coverage.
- Bali Nine: Myuran Sukumaran’s grandmother begs … – ABC
- Feb 15, 2015 – Edith Visnanathan, the grandmother of Bali Nine death row inmate Myuran … later this month and other procedures, including media coverage.
- Allegations that ‘Bali Nine’ judges asked for bribes to … – ABC
- Feb 16, 2015 – … so-called Bali Nine are considering demanding an investigation into … arrangements and foreign media coverage, which just goes to show …
- Bali Nine: Clemency petition for Andrew Chan and … – ABC
- Feb 14, 2015 – Related Story: Artist Ben Quilty’s final goodbye to Bali Nine inmate … executions this month and other procedures including media coverage.
- Vigils held across country for condemned Bali 9 pair – ABC
- Feb 19, 2015 – Vigils were held across the country last night as the supporters of continue their campaign to save the pair from the death penalty Indonesian …
- Bali Nine lawyers want Indonesian govt to wait for … – ABC
- Feb 17, 2015 – The legal team for Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran two Australians who were convicted of drug smuggling and have been held in a Bali …
- Candlelight vigil held for Bali Nine death row inmates – ABC
- Jan 30, 2015 – Sukumaran and fellow Bali Nine inmate Andrew Chan have had their clemency bids rejected by Indonesian authorities. Relatives say they’re …
- Government ‘has very few options’ over Bali 9 pair’s … – ABC
- Feb 16, 2015 – Government ‘has very few options’ over Bali 9 pair’s death sentence … It hasn’t had the coverage in Indonesia that it’s got in Australia. I don’t …
- AM – Bali Nine last legal appeal unsuccessful 11/02 … – ABC
- Feb 11, 2015 – The ringleaders of the now infamous “Bali Nine” are due to be executed this month. Indonesia correspondent George Roberts reports.
- Vigils held across country for condemned Bali 9 pair – ABC
- Feb 19, 2015 – AM sets the agenda for the nation’s daily news and current affairs coverage. Search AM. The full story… Vigils held across country for condemned Bali 9 pair … Bali Nine: Julie Bishop, Tanya Plibersek plead for clemency for …
- Clemency application apparently rejected for Bali … – ABC
- Jan 8, 2015 – Thirty-three year old Myuran Sukumaran was part of the so-called Bali Nine and has been on death row in a Bali jail since 2006.
- Bishop continuing to make representations on behalf … – ABC
- Jan 19, 2015 – Bishop continuing to make representations on behalf of Bali Nine inmates. Peter Lloyd reported this story on Monday, January 19, 2015 08:03: …
- AM – Bali Nine executions will go ahead, despite … – ABC
- Jan 31, 2015 – The two men, who were sentenced to death for organising the so-called Bali Nine heroin trafficking operation, were recently denied presidential …
- Bob Carr says Bali Nine executions will not affect … – ABC
- Jan 31, 2015 – Former foreign minister Bob Carr says representations on behalf of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran were routinely made to the …
- AM – Execution of Bali Nine could be delayed and … – ABC
- Jan 21, 2015 – An Indonesian government spokesman says the execution of two Australians on death row in Bali could be postponed and the decision …
- Feb 10, 2015 – A friend of a Bali nine heroin trafficker Myuran Sukumaran broke down in tears while conveying an emotional plea for mercy on his behalf on the ABC’s Q&A program on Monday.
- ABC News – The families of two Bali Nine drug smugglers on…
- ABC News · January 23 at … Bali Nine families plead to Australian Government to stop executions ….. Ruthie Adams I am so tired of same ole coverage.
- Feb 16, 2015 – A plan to transfer two Australians from a Bali prison tomorrow morning in preparation for their … Information sent to the ABC from an Indonesian police intelligence source shows that plans were underway.
- Feb 10, 2015 – The families of the Bali Nine pair on death row have made an emotional plea to save them. … He has told the ABC’s 4 Corners program there should be ‘Australian…
More news for abc Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran…and so it goes on..
What about stories in Indonesia about the devastating effect of drugs on society? Where was the ABC when the Balibo 5 were murdered by Indonesians in 1975 or covering the Dili massacre in 1999 or the Tamil genocide in 2009?
Mark Scott enjoys soccer, so he splurged $1.5 million to host the Asia Cup in 2015.
Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran are not Australian by birth. They are foreign drug traffickers convicted in Indonesia where the known punishment is death. Penal Island, Nusakambangan, bring it on and ABC move on!