The polar bear clinging image was originally part of a Coca Cola PR campaign, then it was hijacked by Al Gore’s climate alarmist cult.
By banning C02 emissions is to ludicrously try banning humans and animals exhaling. Dreamt up by early onset leftards who smoked excess weed in their teens. The Climate Change conspiracy theory is just another leftard fake alarmist campaign spruiking constructed crises if not Armagedon. It is all to foster globalism, cultural Marxism and the redistribution private wealth to welfarists. It follows in a pattern – Global Warming (it’s precursor), Peak Oil, Y2K Bug, Ozone Holes, Diversity, Gender Fluidity, Identity Quotas, Flat Earth and Alien Kidnappings.
It’s the scribble of addicts. Settled science on climate change is absolute crap and efforts of Australia to reduce emissions are futile.
A great swathe of the crap emanates from the University of California Berkeley. This hooch-smoking lot now teach there because no-one in their right mind would employ them.
London Monday 9th October 2017
Back from stabbed Australian former PM Tony Abbott delivered a rallying cry this week against leftard climate alarmism, telling a British audience that “green ideology” was a symptom of the decline of western civilisation.
Abbott labelled the likely backdown on a carbon emission target a “belated” gesture and warned that the Coalition is courting a “political death wish” if it fails to put cost of living and protection of jobs ahead of reducing emissions.
In his speech, Abbott resurrected his 2009 declaration that the so-called settled science on climate change was “absolute crap” and that any effort Australia made to reduce emissions would be futile in a global context. Abbott criticised climate-change policies as having done more harm than climate change itself.
Abbott likened the economic harm from climate-change policies to “primitive people once killing goats to appease the volcano gods”, accusing leftard spruikists of creating a fake religion out of global warming while rent-seeking on government subsidies. He warned that the Coalition was at risk of becoming captive to this new “post-Christian theology”.
“Belatedly, the government is now suggesting that there might not be a new carbon emisisons trading after all” Abbott said. “There must not be and the government still needs to deal with what’s yet to come under the existing target.
“At last year’s election, the government chose not to campaign on power prices even though Labor was promising a 50 per cent Renewable Energy Target, requiring a $50 billion overbuild of wind farms, and a 45% reduction in emissions by 2030, requiring a new carbon tax.
“After a net gain of 25 seats at the previous two elections, when we had campaigned on power prices, we had a net loss of 14 when we didn’t.
And subsequent events have made the politics of power once more the central battleground between and within the two main parties.”
Abbott’s speech comes at a critical juncture as the Turnbull government seeks to mark out ¬opposing territory in the debate with Labor leader Bill Shorten who yesterday confirmed his party’s commitment to a 50% Renewable Energy Target.
Abbott’s most provocative statements, reserved for climate change science, are certain to ignite outrage from the climate lobby and stir accusations he buried his scepticism while prime minister. It will also revive the defining point of difference with Malcolm Turnbull, which in 2009 elevated Mr Abbott to the leadership.
“Beware the pronouncement ‘the science is settled’,” Mr Abbott told the forum, attended by 200 people and chaired by leading British climate science sceptic and former UK chancellor of the exchequer Nigel Lawson.
“It’s the spirit of the Inquisition, the thought-police down the ages. Almost as bad is the claim that ‘99 per cent of scientists believe’ as if scientific truth is determined by votes rather than facts. Contrary to the breathless assertions that climate change is behind every weather event, in Australia the floods are not bigger, the bushfires are not worse, the droughts are not deeper or longer, and the cyclones are not more severe than they were in the 1800s. Sometimes, they do more damage but that’s because there’s more to destroy, not because their intensity has increased. More than 100 years of photography at Manly Beach in my electorate does not suggest that sea levels have risen despite frequent reports from climate alarmists that this is imminent.
“Then there’s the evidence that higher concentrations of carbon dioxide — which is a plant food after all — are actually greening the planet and helping to lift agricultural yields. In most countries, far more people die in cold snaps than in heatwaves, so a gradual lift in global temperatures, especially if it’s accompanied by more prosperity and more capacity to adapt to change, might even be beneficial.”
Abbott is the only Liberal/Labor/National/Greens group think coalition, who has publicly prescribed Australia cancell all subsidies for renewables and build a taxpayer-funded coal-fired power station.
It was always a Coke advert
Abbott’s Speech Highlights
1. “Climate change is by no means the sole or even the most significant symptom of the changing interests and values of the West. Still, only societies with high levels of cultural amnesia – that have forgotten the scriptures about man created ‘in the image and likeness of God’ and charged with ‘subduing the earth and all its creatures’ – could have made such a religion out of it.”
2. “Beware the pronouncement, ‘the science is settled’. It’s the spirit of the Inquisition, the thought police, down the ages. Almost as bad is the claim that ’99 per cent of scientists believe’, as if scientific truth is determined by votes rather than facts.”
3. “The growing evidence that records have been adjusted, that the impact of urban heat islands has been downplayed, and that data sets have been slanted in order to fit the theory of dangerous anthropogenic global warming does not make it false; but it should produce much caution about basing drastic action upon it.”
4. “Contrary to the breathless assertions that climate change is behind every weather event, in Australia the floods are not bigger, the bushfires are not worse, the droughts are not deeper or longer, and the cyclones are not more severe than they were in the 1800s. Sometimes, they do more damage but that’s because there’s more to destroy, not because their intensity has increased. More than 100 years of photography at Manly Beach in my electorate does not suggest that sea levels have risen despite frequent reports from climate alarmists that this is imminent.”
5. “In what might be described as Ridley’s paradox, after the distinguished British commentator: at least so far, it’s climate change policy that’s doing harm; climate change itself is probably doing good; or at least, more good than harm.”
6. “There’s the evidence that higher concentrations of carbon dioxide (which is a plant food after all) are actually greening the planet and helping to lift agricultural yields. In most countries, far more people die in cold snaps than in heat waves, so a gradual lift in global temperatures, especially if it’s accompanied by more prosperity and more capacity to adapt to change, might even be beneficial.”
7. “There’s a veneer of rational calculation to emissions reduction but underneath it’s about ‘doing the right thing’. Environmentalism has managed to combine a post-socialist instinct for big government with a post-Christian nostalgia for making sacrifices in a good cause. Primitive people once killed goats to appease the volcano gods. We’re more sophisticated now but are still sacrificing our industries and our living standards to the climate gods to little more effect.”
8. “Unsurprisingly, the recipients of climate change subsidies and climate change research grants think action is very urgent indeed. As for the general public, of course saving the planet counts – until the bills come in and then the humbug detector is switched on.”
9. “The only rational choice is to put Australian jobs and Australia’s standard of living first; to get emissions down but only as far as we can without putting prices up. After two decades’ experience of the very modest reality of climate change but the increasingly dire consequences of the policy to deal with it, anything else would be a dereliction of duty as well as a political death wish.”
10. “The lesson I’ve taken from being in government, and then out of it, is simply to speak my mind. The risk, when people know where you stand, is losing their support. The certainty, when people don’t know where you stand, is losing their respect.”
Looks really convincing
In 2016, a staggering 30,000 scientists have come forward confirming that man-made climate change is a hoax perpetuated by the elite in order to make money.
One of the experts is weather channel founder, John Coleman, who warns that huge fortunes are being made by man-made climate change proponents such as Al Gore. Coleman said:
“Al Gore may emerge from the shadows to declare victory in the ‘global warming’ debate if Hillary Clinton moves into the White House. Yes, if that happens and the new climate regulations become the law of the land, they will be next to impossible to overturn for four to eight years.”
Climate change proponents remain undeterred in their mission, ignoring numerous recent scientific findings indicating that there has been no warming trend at all for nearly two decades. Al Gore’s dire predictions of the melting of polar ice on a massive scale have proved to be completely false. In fact, in 2014 – a year that was touted as being “the hottest ever” in the Earth’s history – there were record amounts of ice reported in Antarctica, an increase in Arctic ice, and record snowfalls across the globe.
On top of those “inconvenient truths,” the then Obama White House’s assertion that 97% of scientists agree that global warming is real has been completely debunked. Several independently-researched examinations of the literature used to support the “97 percent” statement found that the conclusions were cherry-picked and misleading.
More objective surveys have revealed that there is a far greater diversity of opinion among scientists than the global warming crowd would like for you to believe. A 2008 survey by two German scientists, Dennis Bray and Hans von Storch, found that a significant number of scientists were skeptical of the ability of existing global climate models to accurately predict global temperatures, precipitation, sea-level changes, or extreme weather events even over a decade; they were far more skeptical as the time horizon increased.
Other mainstream news sources besides the National Review have also been courageous enough to speak out against the global warming propaganda – even the Wall Street Journal published an op-ed piece in 2015 challenging the Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) pseudoscience being promulgated by global warming proponents.
And, of course, there are the more than 31,000 American scientists (to date) who have signed a petition challenging the climate change narrative and 9,029 of them hold PhDs in their respective fields. But hey, Al Gore and his cronies have also ignored that inconvenient truth, as well.
Many of those scientists who signed the petition were likely encouraged to speak out in favor of the truth after retired senior NASA atmospheric scientist John L. Casey revealed that solar cycles are largely responsible for warming periods on Earth – not human activity.
Al Gore and cronies continue getting richer from the global warming hoax. The global warming crowd continues to push their agenda on the public while lining their pockets in the process. If you’re still inclined to believe what Al Gore has to say about global warming, please consider the fact that since he embarked on his crusade, his wealth has grown from $2 million in 2001 to $100 million in 2016 – largely due to investments in fake “green tech” companies and the effective embezzlement of numerous grants and loans.
Other Relevant Abbott Observations
“The climate has changed over the eons and we know from history, at the time of Julius Caesar and Jesus of Nazareth the climate was considerably warmer than it is now. […] Climate change happens all the time and it is not man that drives those climate changes back in history. It is an open question how much the climate changes today and what role man plays.”
8 May 2010 (Source)
“I want to reduce emissions […] but I think we’ve also got to accept that carbon dioxide is an essential trace gas as well.”
2 February 2010.
“These so-called nasty big polluters are the people that keep the lights on. I mean, let’s not forget how essential these people are to the business of daily life.”
2 February 2010.
“If man-made CO2 was quite the villain that many of these people say it is, why hasn’t there just been a steady increase starting in 1750, and moving in a linear way up the graph?”
19 November 2009.
“The fact that we have had if anything cooling global temperatures over the last decade, not withstanding continued dramatic increases of carbon dioxide emissions, suggests the role of CO2 is not nearly as clear as the climate catastrophists suggest.”
29 July 2009.
“I think the climate change science is far from settled.”
29 July 2009.
“The issue is not whether climate change happens (after all, grapes grew in Britain in Roman times; crops grew in Greenland in the middle ages; and the River Thames froze in winter during the 1600s) but how much of it is man-made and what can realistically be done to tackle it.”
27 July 2009 (Source)
“The thesis that carbon dioxide is uniquely responsible for global warming has run up against a serious problem, and that is the fact that the climate has if anything been cooling slightly over the last decade, while there have been continued massive increases in carbon dioxide emissions.”
27 July 2009.
“The climate change argument is absolute crap…”
1 January 2009, and again 9 October 2017.
“There may even have been a slight decrease in global temperatures (the measurement data differs on this point) over the past decade despite continued large increases in emissions associated with the rapid economic growth of China and India.”
27 July 2007.
Looks really convincing – but similarly fake
Not a Syrian refugee, it was a Turkish toddler placed then by leftists