A Blue Paper, focusing the fundamental life-threatening issues facing many Ordinary Australians, yet perpetually ignored by successive governments at all levels across Australia. This is a feeder document toward nationalist policy and subsequent draft proposed law, inviting input and debate by Australian Born Citizens.
Throughout Australia, many Ordinary Australians are suffering from the dysfunctional aspects of our so-called ‘First World’ economy and society. The top social problems are what we call ‘Society’s Dirty Dozen‘ (listed below in no particular order):
- Depression and Suicide
- Unemployed Poverty
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Child Abuse
- Poor Health and Disability
- Crime and Victims of Crime
- Indigenous Disadvantage
- Marriage Breakdown
Government responsibility is to its own people first at the fundamental life-sustaining level. These human priorities at home must be perpetually at the top of any government budget goal and objectives.
We need a Citizen’s Safety Net for our citizens, funded by taxpaying citizens.
- Establishment of a safety net for vulnerable Australian citizens to ensure equitable access to viable means of living
- ‘Vulnerable citizens’ to include – unemployed, disabled, elderly, low-income parents, veterans, etc.
- Includes increased provision of minimal quality public housing, electricity, gas, water, Internet, public transport access
- Provision subject to means testing, with upper limits on usage, and only available for Australian citizens.